How to get the most out of your (new) job abroad?
Life as an expat offers many exciting opportunities. You can meet new people, develop your international career and get to know your new host country and all it has to offer. The downside is that you also have to deal with friends and family being far away and getting used to a different (work) culture. And if you or your family isn’t happy it has a huge impact on your working day. To find your way in your new job abroad all by yourself is time-consuming and can be very frustrating.
Coaching helps you to increase:
- Your performance in your working environment
- The well-being of you and your family
Coaching by Expats@Work will be focused on:
- “How to speed up my performance in my new job?”
- “What are the objectives of my new job?”
- “What do I need to achieve my goals?”
- “How to deal with international colleagues and cross-cultural differences?”
- “How to be myself in an environment that is culturally different?”
- “How to achieve a better (expat) work/life balance?”
- Ways to be more self-supportive and satisfied at work.
- “How to cope with friends and family being far away?”
- Redundancy support: help, my employer terminated my contract. How can I find a new job?
- Meeting other expat challenges.
Sign up for a free Skype orientation session with the expert in expat careers. Global online career and job orientation: whenever – wherever you are; in English, German or Dutch.
‘I can’t believe THAT!’ said Alice
‘Can’t you?’ the Queen said in a pitying tone. ‘Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes.’
Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said ‘one can’t believe impossible things.’
I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast’.
Chapter 5 – Wool & Water, Alice in Wonderland
- Don’t forget to take yourself with you »
- I’m proud to be European – my own European story »
- Who’s ‘business’ is the well-being of the accompanying expat partner? »
- Career Coaching helps as well »
- How to get the most out of your (new) job abroad? »
- Should I stay or should I go? »
- Mindful Outdoor Career Orientation »
- Help – a confused multilingual talent »
- Now I’m settled, what about my career? »
- Are you a good listener? »