Are you a good listener?
When I ask you to listen to me, and you start giving advice, you have not done what I asked.
When I ask you to listen to me and you begin to tell me why I shouldn’t feel that way, you are trampling on my feelings.
When I ask you listen to me and you feel you have to do something to solve my problems, you have failed me, strange as that may seem.
Perhaps that’s why prayer works for some people. Because God is mute and He doesn’t offer advice or try to fix things. He just listens and trusts you to work it out for yourself.
So please, just listen and hear me. And if you want to talk, Wait a few minutes for your turn and I promise I’ll listen to you.
Source type: Book |Loving Each Other by Leo Buscaglia
Sign up for a free Skype orientation session with the expert in expat careers. Global online career and job orientation: whenever – wherever you are; in English, German or Dutch.
‘I can’t believe THAT!’ said Alice
‘Can’t you?’ the Queen said in a pitying tone. ‘Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes.’
Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said ‘one can’t believe impossible things.’
I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast’.
Chapter 5 – Wool & Water, Alice in Wonderland
- Don’t forget to take yourself with you »
- I’m proud to be European – my own European story »
- Who’s ‘business’ is the well-being of the accompanying expat partner? »
- Career Coaching helps as well »
- How to get the most out of your (new) job abroad? »
- Should I stay or should I go? »
- Mindful Outdoor Career Orientation »
- Help – a confused multilingual talent »
- Now I’m settled, what about my career? »
- Are you a good listener? »